Code of Alabama - Title 40: Revenue and Taxation - Section 40-7-8 - Oath to be used on bottom of assessment sheet

Section 40-7-8 - Oath to be used on bottom of assessment sheet.

Each person making return of property for assessment shall, after the same shall have been listed, make and subscribe to the following oath, which shall be printed or written at the bottom of the assessment sheet and which may be administered by the tax assessor, his deputy, or any other officer authorized by law to administer oaths: "I do solemnly swear that the foregoing list of property returned by me (if not his own property, here state the capacity in which he returns such property for assessment) is a full and complete return of all the property owned by (here state 'me' if the property returned is his own property and, if not his own property, state the name of the person, corporation, or estate for whom the property is returned), or in which (here designate the owner for whom return is made) had any interest whatever, the situs of which for taxation, or exemption from taxation, is in this county, on the first of October of the present tax year, so help me God." _____ (Person giving in list will sign here) _____ Subscribed and sworn to before me this the _____ day of _____ (Officers will sign here) _____ (Give name and style of office here) _____

(Acts 1935, No. 194, p. 256; Code 1940, T. 51, §43; Acts 1951, No. 551, p. 965.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021