Code of Alabama - Title 45: Local Laws - Chapter 33 - Hale County
- Article 1 General and Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Section 45-33-10 Disclaimer
(a) This chapter endeavors to add to the Code of Alabama 1975, all Hale County local laws enacted after 1978 and all Hale County prior...
- Article 2 Alcoholic Beverages.
- Article 3 Boards and Commissions.
- Article 4 Business, Labor, and Occupations.
- Article 5 Constables.
- Article 6 Coroner.
- Section 45-33-60 Expense allowance
In Hale County, the county coroner is hereby authorized to receive an expense allowance of two hundred dollars ($200) per month and a mileage allowance...
- Article 7 County Commission.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-33-70 Expense allowance
Each member of the Hale County Commission shall receive an expense allowance in the amount necessary to bring the total annual compensation, including salary and...
- Part 2 Duties.
- Article 8 Courts.
- Part 1 Court Costs.
- Part 2 District Attorney.
- Part 3 Probate Court.
- Article 9 Economic and Industrial Development and Tourism.
- Article 10 Education.
- Article 11 Elections.
- Article 12 Employees.
- Article 13 Engineer, County.
- Article 14 Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Services.
- Article 15 Gambling.
- Article 16 Government Operations.
- Article 17 Health and Environment.
- Article 18 Highways and Bridges.
- Article 19 Legislature.
- Article 20 Licenses and Licensing.
- Article 21 Motor Vehicles and Transportation.
- Article 22 Parks, Historic Preservation, Museums, and Recreation.
- Article 23 Sheriff.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Part 2 Jails.
- Part 3 Pistol Permits.
- Part 4 Service of Process Serving Fund.
- Part 5 Background Checks.
- Part 6 Sale of Abandoned, Stolen, and Unclaimed Property
- Article 24 Taxation.
- Part 1 Tax Assessor, Tax Collector, and Revnue Commissioner.
- Division 1 Compensation.
- Division 2 Consolidated Office.
- Part 2 Tax; Ad Valorem.
- Section 45-33-241 Levy of tax
Pursuant to subsection (f) of Amendment No. 373 to the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, the Hale County Commission may levy, in addition to any...
- Section 45-33-241.01 Disposition of funds
(a) All proceeds from the additional ad valorem tax provided for by Amendment 603 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, shall be paid into...
- Part 3 Tax, Tobacco.
- Division 1 1991 Tax.
- Section 45-33-242 Levy of tax
(a) The Hale County Commission is authorized to levy upon every person, firm, or corporation who sells, stores, delivers, uses, or otherwise consumes certain tobacco...
- Section 45-33-242.01 Tax to be added to sales price of cigarettes; enforcement
(a) Upon September 20, 1991, the county commission is authorized to levy on every person, firm, corporation, club, or association that sells or stores or...
- Section 45-33-242.02 Tobacco stamps
The tax hereby authorized to be levied shall be paid by affixing stamps as is required for the payment of the tax imposed by Section...
- Section 45-33-242.03 Rules and regulations
The State Department of Revenue, if directed and authorized by resolution of the Hale County Commission to collect and administer the county privilege, license, or...
- Section 45-33-242.04 Application of laws, rules, and regulations
All laws, rules, and regulations of the State Department of Revenue, relating to the manner and time of payment of the tax levied by Section...
- Section 45-33-242.05 Disposition of funds
The proceeds of the tax levied herein, less the actual costs of collection not to exceed 10 percent shall be paid by the State Department...
- Section 45-33-242.06 Construction and application
(a) None of the provisions of this subpart shall be applied in such manner as to be in violation of the commerce or other clauses...
- Division 2 1999 Tax.
- Section 45-33-242.30 Levy of tax
(a) Upon adoption of a resolution by the Hale County Commission, the commission may impose on every person, firm, or corporation that sells, stores, delivers,...
- Section 45-33-242.31 Tax to added to sale price of tobacco products
Every person, firm, corporation, club, or association that sells, stores, or receives for the purpose of selling or storing in Hale County, any cigarettes, cigars,...
- Section 45-33-242.32 Violations; collection; tobacco stamps; rules and regulations
It shall be unlawful for any dealer, storer, or distributor engaged in or continuing in the business in Hale County for which the tax is...
- Section 45-33-242.33 Application of laws, rules, and regulations
All laws, rules, and regulations of the department relating to the manner and time of payment of the tax levied by Sections 40–25–1 to 40–25–28,...
- Section 45-33-242.34 Disposition of funds
The proceeds from the tax authorized, less the amount or percentage of the actual cost of collection as may be agreed upon by the Commissioner...
- Section 45-33-242.35 Construction and application
This subpart shall not be construed to apply to cigarettes, cigars, snuff, smoking tobacco, and like tobacco products stored by a wholesale dealer for the...
- Part 4 Tax. Severance.
- Section 45-33-243 Definitions
When used in this part, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by...
- Section 45-33-243.01 Levy of tax
There is hereby levied, in addition to all other taxes imposed by law, an excise and privilege tax on every person severing pit run sand,...
- Section 45-33-243.02 Producer reports and payments
404 - File or directory not found. Server Error 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have...
- Section 45-33-243.03 Purchaser and transporter reports
Purchaser and transporters of pit run sand, clay, sand-gravel, clay-gravel, sand-clay, and gravel severed in Hale County shall file a report with the Department of...
- Section 45-33-243.04 Collection of taxes; enforcement
The tax authorized to be imposed by this part shall constitute a debt due Hale County and may be collected by civil suit, in addition...
- Section 45-33-243.05 Charge for collection
The State Department of Revenue shall charge Hale County for collecting the county tax levied herein, an amount or percentage of total collections not to...
- Section 45-33-243.06 Disposition of funds
The Hale County Treasurer shall deposit the net proceeds of the tax levied and collected pursuant to this part during the preceding month to the...
- Article 25 Utilities.
- Article 26 Zoning and Planning.
Last modified: May 3, 2021