As used in this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings hereinafter ascribed to them:
(1) ATTORNEY GENERAL. The Attorney General of the State of Alabama or his duly designated representatives.
(2) CONSUMER. Any natural person who buys goods or services for personal, family or household use.
(3) GOODS. Includes but is not limited to any property, tangible or intangible, real, personal, or any combination thereof, and any franchise, license, distributorship, or other similar right, privilege, or interest.
(4) KNOW, KNOWING, KNOWINGLY, KNOWLEDGE, and KNEW. Either actual awareness or such awareness as a reasonable person should have considering all the surrounding circumstances.
(5) PERSON. Includes but is not limited to natural persons, corporations, trusts, partnerships, incorporated or unincorporated associations and any other legal entity.
(6) SALE, BUYING, and DISTRIBUTION. In addition to their ordinary meanings, include but are not limited to the act of leasing, renting, or consigning.
(7) SERVICES. Work, labor, and other services, including but not limited to services furnished in connection with the sale or repair of goods.
(8) TRADE or COMMERCE. Includes but is not limited to the advertising, buying, offering for sale, sale or distribution or performance of any service or goods, and any other article, commodity or thing of value wherever situated and shall include any trade or commerce affecting the people of this state.
Last modified: May 3, 2021