Code of Alabama - Title 8: Commercial Law and Consumer Protection - Section 8-6-121 - Criminal penalties
Section 8-6-121 - Criminal penalties.
Any lessee, any guarantor, or any officer of any issuer, lessee, or guarantor or any other person, firm, or corporation who:
(1) Willfully violates this article;
(2) Willfully participates in the issuance of any industrial revenue bonds without having obtained the certificate of notification required by Section 8-6-120;
(3) Willfully participates in the issuance of any industrial revenue bonds in violation of this article;
(4) Willfully violates any stop order lawfully issued by the director or the commission under this article and in effect; or
(5) Makes or files or causes to be made or filed, with the director or the commission under this article, any statement, document, or other paper which is false in any material respect or matter;
shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction shall be fined not more than $10,000 or shall be imprisoned for a period not exceeding 10 years or both so fined and so imprisoned, as the trial court shall determine. No prosecution under this section shall be commenced more than five years after the occurrence of the alleged violation.