(a) The following securities may be registered by notification, whether or not they are also eligible for registration by coordination under Section 8-6-6:
(1) Any security whose issuer and any predecessors have been in continuous operation for at least five years if:
a. There has been no default during the current fiscal year or within the three preceding fiscal years in the payment of principal, interest, or dividends on any security of the issuer, or any predecessor, with a fixed maturity or a fixed interest or dividend provision; and
b. The issuer and any predecessors during the past three fiscal years have had average net earnings determined in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices which are applicable to all securities without a fixed maturity or a fixed interest or dividend provision and which:
1. Equal at least five percent of the amount of securities without a fixed maturity or a fixed interest or dividend provision outstanding at the date the registration statement is filed, (as measured by the maximum offering price or the market price on a day selected by the registrant within 30 days before the date of filing the registration statement, whichever is higher, or, if there is neither a readily determinable market price nor an offering price, book value on a day selected by the registrant within 90 days of the date of filing the registration statement); or
2. If the issuer and any predecessors have not had any securities without a fixed maturity or a fixed interest or dividend provision outstanding for three full fiscal years, equal at least five percent of the amount (as measured by the maximum public offering price) of such securities which will be outstanding if all the securities being offered or proposed to be offered, whether or not they are proposed to be registered or offered in this state, are issued.
(2) Any security, other than a certificate of interest or participation in an oil, gas, or mining title or lease or in payments out of production under such a title or lease, registered for nonissuer distribution if any security of the same class has ever been registered under this article, or a predecessor act, or the security being registered was originally issued pursuant to an exemption under this article, or a predecessor act.
(3) Any national market system security under Section 11A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including any other security of the same issuer which is of senior or substantially equal rank, any security called for by subscription rights or warrants so designated or approved, and any warrant or right to purchase or subscribe to any of the foregoing; provided, however, that the Securities Commission may by rule limit the application of this subdivision (3) if it finds such action to be in the public interest.
(b) A registration statement under this section shall contain the following information and be accompanied by the following documents, in addition to payment of the registration fee prescribed in Section 8-6-8 and, if required under Section 8-6-12, a consent to service of process meeting the requirements of that section:
(1) A statement demonstrating eligibility for registration by notification;
(2) With respect to the issuer, its name, address, and form of organization, the state or foreign jurisdiction and the date of its organization, and the general character and location of its business;
(3) A description of the securities being registered;
(4) Total amount of securities to be offered and amount of securities to be offered in this state;
(5) The price at which the securities are to be offered for sale to the public, any variation therefrom at which any portion of the offering is to be made to any person other than an underwriting and selling discounts or commissions, and the estimated maximum aggregate underwriting and selling discounts or commissions and finders' fees, including cash, securities, or anything else of value;
(6) Names and addresses of the managing underwriters and a description of the plan of distribution of any securities which are to be offered otherwise than through an underwriter;
(7) Description of any options outstanding or to be created in connection with the securities being offered;
(8) Any adverse order or judgment previously entered in connection with the offering by any court or the Securities and Exchange Commission;
(9) A copy of an offering circular or prospectus to be used in connection with the offering;
(10) In the case of any registration under subdivision (a) (2) of this section which does not also satisfy the conditions of subdivision (a) (1) of this section, a balance sheet of the issuer as of a date within four months prior to the filing of the registration statement and a summary of earnings for each of the two fiscal years preceding the date of the balance sheet and for any period between the close of the last fiscal year and the date of the balance sheet or for the period of the issuer's and any predecessor's existence if less than two years.
(c) If no order to the contrary is in effect and no proceeding is pending under Section 8-6-9, a registration statement under this section automatically becomes effective at 3:00 P.M. central standard time on the fifth full business day after the filing of the registration statement or the last amendment, or at such earlier time as the Securities Commission determines.
Last modified: May 3, 2021