Code of Alabama - Title 9: Conservation and Natural Resources - Section 9-16-135 - Special Abandoned Mine Reclamation Trust Fund; deposit, administration and disbursal of funds

Section 9-16-135 - Special Abandoned Mine Reclamation Trust Fund; deposit, administration and disbursal of funds.

There is hereby created in the State Treasury a Special Abandoned Mine Reclamation Trust Fund to receive and retain up to 10 percent of the appropriated funds granted annually by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior for the reclamation of abandoned mine lands in Alabama. All moneys so deposited by the Director of the Department of Labor shall accrue interest, and together with all interest earned, shall be available for expenditure by the Director of the Department of Labor after August 3, 1992, solely to accomplish the purposes set forth in Section 9-16-122(b). All moneys in this fund shall be deposited, administered and disbursed in the same manner and under the same conditions and requirements as provided by law for other special trust funds in the State Treasury. Moneys in this special trust fund shall be separately accounted for and continuously available to the Director of the Department of Labor for expenditure as herein provided and shall not lapse at any time.

(Acts 1989, No. 89-855, p. 1705, §1.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021