The following terms, whenever used in this chapter, shall have the following respective meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(2) ADMINISTRATOR. The director of the plans and programs of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(3) FUND. The Alabama Recreation Capital Development Assistance Fund.
(4) APPLICANT. Any county, or municipality; or state, county or municipal agency having legal authority to hold title to real property, or any combination of the above named entities.
(5) RECREATIONAL LAND. Land and appurtenances thereto used for, or susceptible to recreational use.
(6) RECREATIONAL USE. Participation in or observation of outdoor activities by the general public including, but not limited to, hunting, fishing, water sports, aerial sports, hiking, camping, winter sports, animal or vehicular riding and any related activity.
(7) STATE PROJECT. Any program of a state agency, board, authority or commission either individually or jointly, for the planning, acquisition of title or interest in real property, and development of facilities; providing thereby for recreational uses or for research or other educational studies deemed necessary to assist in implementing this chapter.
(8) LOCAL PROJECT. Any program of a county, municipality or agency thereof, either individually or jointly, for the planning, acquisition of title or interest in real property, and development of facilities, providing thereby for recreational uses.
(9) IN-KIND CONTRIBUTIONS. In-kind contributions represent the value of contributions provided by the applicant, other public agencies and institutions, and private organizations and individuals which directly benefit and are specifically identifiable to the project.
Last modified: May 3, 2021