(a) Applicants who are graduates of medical colleges not accredited by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association shall
(1) meet the requirements of AS 08.64.200 (a)(3) and (4) and 08.64.255;
(2) have successfully completed
(A) three years of postgraduate training as evidenced by a certificate of completion of the first year of postgraduate training from the facility where the applicant completed the first year of internship or residency and a certificate of successful completion of two additional years of postgraduate training at a recognized hospital; or
(B) other requirements establishing proof of competency and professional qualifications as the board considers necessary to ensure the continued protection of the public adopted at the discretion of the board by regulation; and
(3) have passed examinations as specified by the board in regulations.
(b) Requirements establishing proof of competency under (a)(2)(B) of this section may include
(1) current licensure in another state and an active medical practice in that state for at least three years; or
(2) current board certification in a practice specialty by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
(c) In this section, "recognized hospital" means a hospital that has been approved for internship or residency training by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.Section: Previous 08.64.200 08.64.205 08.64.207 08.64.209 08.64.210 08.64.215 08.64.220 08.64.225 08.64.230 08.64.240 08.64.250 08.64.255 08.64.260 08.64.270 08.64.272 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016