(a) A person may not practice veterinary medicine, surgery, or dentistry unless the person is licensed as a veterinarian under this chapter or has a temporary permit issued under AS 08.98.186 , except that a person may perform functions authorized by
(1) regulation of the board if the person is licensed as a veterinary technician; or
(2) a permit issued under AS 08.02.050 if the person is employed by an agency that has a permit issued under AS 08.02.050 .
(b) A person may not
(1) present or attempt to use a license or permit that was issued under this chapter to another person, either directly or by impersonation;
(2) secure or attempt to secure a license or permit under this chapter through deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation;
(3) use or attempt to use an expired or revoked license or permit knowing of the license's or permit's status; or
(4) falsely claim to be licensed or to hold a permit under this chapter.
(c) Violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by both.Section: 08.98.120 08.98.125 08.98.130 08.98.140 08.98.150 08.98.160 08.98.165 08.98.167 08.98.170 08.98.180 08.98.184 08.98.186 08.98.188 08.98.190 08.98.200 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016