(a) The association shall submit to the director a plan of operation and any amendments necessary or suitable to assure the fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and amendments become effective upon approval in writing by the director. If the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the plan, the director shall, after notice and hearing, adopt reasonable regulations necessary or advisable to effectuate the provisions of this chapter. These regulations shall continue in force until modified by the director or superseded by a plan submitted by the association and approved by the director.
(b) All member insurers shall comply with the plan of operation.
(c) The plan of operation must
(1) establish the procedures whereby all the powers and duties of the association under AS 21.80.060 will be performed;
(2) establish procedures for handling assets of the association, including procedures for handling assets received from the estate of an insolvent insurer;
(3) establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board of governors under AS 21.80.050 ;
(4) establish procedures by which claims may be filed with the association and establish acceptable forms of proof of covered claims; notice of claims to the receiver or liquidator of the insolvent insurer is considered notice to the association or its agent, and a list of these claims shall be periodically submitted to the association or similar organization in another state by the receiver or liquidator;
(5) establish regular places and times for meetings of the board of governors;
(6) establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial transactions of the association, its agents, and the board of governors;
(7) provide that any member insurer aggrieved by a final action or decision of the association may appeal to the director within 30 days after the action or decision;
(8) establish the procedures whereby selections of the board of governors will be submitted to the director;
(9) provide for a member insurer serving on the board of governors to appoint an individual to represent the member insurer on the board, including appointment of an alternate or substitute representative for the appointed person;
(10) contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution of the powers and duties of the association;
(11) establish procedures whereby the association shall, concurrent with making any initial assessments for the following year under AS 21.80.060(a)(3)(B), determine uniform surcharge percentages that may be applied by member insurers to all policies related to an account;
(12) establish procedures whereby the association shall determine surcharge percentages related to an account so that adjusted assessments match, as closely as possible, the amounts that would be collected by member insurers, in the aggregate, if the surcharge percentages were applied to all new and renewal policies issued by member insurers during the applicable 12-month period; any estimated or actual difference between the aggregate assessment and maximum allowable surcharge amounts related to an account shall be taken into account by the association in determining future surcharge percentages.
(d) [Repealed, Sec. 12 ch 52 SLA 1990].Section: Previous 21.80.010 21.80.020 21.80.030 21.80.040 21.80.050 21.80.060 21.80.070 21.80.080 21.80.090 21.80.095 21.80.100 21.80.110 21.80.120 21.80.130 21.80.140 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016