Alaska Statutes Title 39, Chapter 39.23 - State Officers Compensation Commission
- Sec. 39.23.010 - 39.23.130. Alaska Salary Commission. [Repealed, Sec. 37 Ch 3 Sla 1980].
Repealed or Renumbered
- Sec. 39.23.200 - 39.23.400. Compensation Commission Established; Prohibitions Against State or Municipal Service; Compensation; Staff; Duties of the Commission; Filing With Lieutenant Governor and Certification; Policy of the Legislature; Administrative Procedure Act; Definition. [Repealed, Sec. 16 Ch 21 Sla 2008].
Repealed or Renumbered
- Sec. 39.23.500 Compensation Commission Established.
(a) The State Officers Compensation Commission is established. The commission is composed of five members who are state residents appointed by the governor. One...
- Sec. 39.23.510 Prohibitions Against State or Municipal Service.
(a) During membership on the commission, a member of the commission may not(1) be employed by the state, including the University of Alaska;(2) serve...
- Sec. 39.23.520 Compensation.
Members of the commission serve without compensation but are entitled to per diem and travel expenses authorized for members of boards and commissions under...
- Sec. 39.23.530 Staff.
The director of personnel in the Department of Administration shall serve as ex officio secretary to the commission and provide research, technical, and administrative
- Sec. 39.23.540 Duties of the Commission.
(a) The commission shall review the salaries, benefits, and allowances of members of the legislature, the governor, the lieutenant governor, and each principal executive...
- Sec. 39.23.550 Recommendations Relating to Compensation.
(a) A recommendation of the commission may not have the effect of reducing the compensation or benefits of the governor and lieutenant governor who...
- Sec. 39.23.560 Recommendations Relating to Benefits.
The recommendations of the commission relating to benefits may not include any recommendation relating to health, retirement, disability, or death benefits under AS 39.30...
- Sec. 39.23.570 Filing With Lieutenant Governor and Certification.
The commission shall, on transmitting its final recommendations for the compensation of legislators, the governor, the lieutenant governor, and each principal executive department head...
- Sec. 39.23.580 Policy of the Legislature.
It is the policy of the legislature that the commission recommend an equitable rate and form of compensation, benefits, and allowances for legislators.
- Sec. 39.23.590 Administrative Procedure Act Inapplicable.
AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) does not apply to proceedings of the commission.
- Sec. 39.23.599 Definition.
In AS 39.23.500 - 39.23.599, "commission" means the State Officers Compensation Commission.
Last modified: November 15, 2016