Alaska Statutes Title 41, Chapter 41.08 - Geological and Geophysical Surveys
- Sec. 41.08.010 Division of Geological and Geophysical Surveys.
There is established in the department a division of geological and geophysical surveys under the direction of the state geologist.
- Sec. 41.08.015 State Geologist.
The commissioner shall appoint the state geologist, who must be qualified by education and experience to direct the activities of the division.
- Sec. 41.08.017 Hydrological and Seismic Hazard Data Declared to Be of Public Interest.
(a) Systematic collection, recording, evaluation, and distribution of data on the quantity, location, and quality of water of the state in the ground, on...
- Sec. 41.08.020 Powers and Duties.
(a) The state geologist shall conduct geological and geophysical surveys to determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and...
- Sec. 41.08.025 Accounting and Disposition of Receipts. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 90 Sla 1991. for Current Law, See As 37.05.142 - 37.05.144].
Repealed or Renumbered
- Sec. 41.08.030 Printing and Distribution of Reports.
The state geologist shall print and publish an annual report and such other special and topical reports and maps as may be desirable for...
- Sec. 41.08.035 Regulations.
The department may adopt regulations relating to and providing for the systematic collection, recording, and distribution of data on the water of the state.
- Sec. 41.08.040 Cooperation With Other Agencies.
The state geologist, with the consent of the commissioner, may enter into cooperative agreements with federal, state, and local governmental agencies to perform geological...
Last modified: November 15, 2016