25-211. Property acquired during marriage as community property; exceptions; effect of service of a petition
A. All property acquired by either husband or wife during the marriage is the community property of the husband and wife except for property that is:
1. Acquired by gift, devise or descent.
2. Acquired after service of a petition for dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment if the petition results in a decree of dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment.
B. Notwithstanding subsection A, paragraph 2, service of a petition for dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment does not:
1. Alter the status of preexisting community property.
2. Change the status of community property used to acquire new property or the status of that new property as community property.
3. Alter the duties and rights of either spouse with respect to the management of community property except as prescribed pursuant to section 25-315, subsection A, paragraph 1, subdivision (a).Section: Previous 25-129 25-130 25-201 25-202 25-203 25-204 25-205 25-211 25-213 25-214 25-215 25-217 25-218 25-301 25-302 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016