Arizona Revised Statutes § 28-3168 Driver License And Nonoperating Identification License Applications; Selective Service Registration; Reimbursement

28-3168. Driver license and nonoperating identification license applications; selective service registration; reimbursement

A. When a male person who is under twenty-six years of age applies for a driver license or a nonoperating identification license or for renewal of a driver license, the person consents to register with the selective service system in compliance with section 3 of the military selective service act (50 United States Code appendix section 453).

B. Driver license applications, driver license renewal applications and nonoperating identification license applications, including electronic applications, shall contain the following statement:

By submitting this application, I consent to registration with the selective service system if I am required to register under federal law. If I am under eighteen years of age, I understand that I will be registered as required by federal law when I become eighteen years of age.

C. The applicant's submission of the application shall serve as an indication that the applicant has already registered with the selective service system or that the applicant is authorizing the department to forward the necessary information for registration to the selective service system.

D. The department shall forward in an electronic format the necessary personal information required for registration of applicants described in subsection A to the selective service system.

E. The department shall not implement this section unless the selective service system provides adequate funding to the department to cover the costs the department will incur in implementing this section.

Section: Previous  28-3161  28-3162  28-3163  28-3164  28-3165  28-3166  28-3167  28-3168  28-3169  28-3170  28-3171  28-3172  28-3173  28-3174  28-3175  Next

Last modified: October 13, 2016