3-415. Administrative services; reimbursement
(L11, Ch. 77, sec. 10)
A. The marketing commission or marketing committee may employ staff, at a rate of compensation determined by the commission or committee, to serve at the pleasure of the commission or committee, and shall prescribe the terms and conditions of employment of employees as necessary to perform the functions prescribed by this article, the marketing order or marketing agreement. All employees of the commission or committee are exempt from title 38, chapter 4, article 1 and title 41, chapter 4, articles 5 and 6 and are not under the jurisdiction of the department of administration.
B. The commission or committee may also enter into an interagency agreement with the department to provide necessary administrative services to the commission or committee including:
1. Providing secretarial and other services necessary for the commission or committee to carry out its activities.
2. Establishing separate operating accounts for the commission or committee.
3. Providing necessary financial and accounting services to the commission or committee, including the issuance of checks, payment of bills approved by the commission or committee, annual audits, expenditure and receipt reports whether monthly or annually, preparation of annual budget and any other activities requested by the commission or committee.
4. Receiving mail and other communication for the commission or committee.
5. Receiving monies authorized under this article for deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the appropriate funds.
6. Accepting donated monies on behalf of the commission or committee to be credited to the account of the commission or committee.
7. Providing space for the meetings of the commission or committee.
8. Providing any other administrative services that the commission or committee requests or finds necessary.
C. If the department performs any function under this article, it acts as the agent of the marketing commission or marketing committee and has no authority or control over the commission or committee or the commission's or committee's employees or assets. The commission or committee shall reimburse the department for any administrative services the department provides from the monies received under the marketing order or marketing agreement in an amount agreed on by the commission or committee and the director. Any services provided by citrus, fruit and vegetable standardization or the department in the normal scope of services are not subject to reimbursement from a marketing commission or marketing committee.Section: Previous 3-408 3-409 3-410 3-411 3-412 3-413 3-414 3-415 3-415-version-2 3-416 3-417 3-418 3-419 3-420 3-421 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016