(L97, Ch. 218, sec. 7. Eff. until 1/1/16)
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Collector" means a component of a solar energy device that is used to absorb solar radiation, convert it to heat or electricity and transfer the heat to a heat transfer fluid or to storage.
2. " Heat exchanger" means a component of a solar energy device that is used to transfer heat from one fluid to another.
3. " Solar daylighting" means a device specifically designed to capture and redirect the visible portion of the solar beam spectrum, while controlling the infrared portion, for use in illuminating interior building spaces in lieu of artificial lighting.
4. " Solar energy device" means a system or series of mechanisms designed primarily to provide heating, to provide cooling, to produce electrical power, to produce mechanical power, to provide solar daylighting or to provide any combination of the foregoing by means of collecting and transferring solar generated energy into such uses either by active or passive means. Such systems may also have the capability of storing such energy for future utilization. Passive systems shall clearly be designed as a solar energy device such as a trombe wall and not merely a part of a normal structure such as a window.
5. " Storage unit" means a component of a solar energy device that is used to store solar generated electricity or heat for later use.Section: Previous 44-1744 44-1745 44-1746 44-1747 44-1748 44-1749 44-1750 44-1761 44-1761-version-2 44-1762 44-1763 44-1771 44-1772 44-1773 44-1774 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016