5-555. Apportionment of revenue
A. Not more than eighteen and one-half per cent of the total annual revenues accruing from the sale of lottery tickets or shares and from all other sources and not more than thirty-five per cent of the total annual revenues from the sale of special instant games authorized under section 5-554, subsection H shall be deposited in the state lottery fund established by section 5-571 to be expended for the following:
1. The payment of costs incurred in the operation and administration of the lottery, including the expenses of the commission and the costs resulting from any contract or contracts entered into for consulting or operational services.
2. Independent audits, which shall be performed annually in addition to the audits required by section 5-574.
3. Incentive programs for lottery sales agents and lottery employees.
4. Payment of compensation to licensed sales agents necessary to provide for the adequate availability of tickets or services to prospective buyers and for the convenience of the public. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, compensation of licensed sales agents shall be at least five and one-half per cent but not more than eight per cent of the price of each ticket or share that a retail sales agent sells in instant games and online games, less the price of any tickets or shares that are voided.
5. The payment of reasonable fees to redemption agents as authorized by section 5-569.
6. The purchase or lease of lottery equipment, tickets and materials.
7. Compensation of a licensed sales agent who is designated as a charitable organization as defined in section 5-554. Compensation shall be twenty per cent of the price of each ticket from a special instant game authorized under section 5-554, subsection H and shall be an offset against the sale of the ticket.
B. Not less than fifty per cent of the total annual revenues accruing from the sale of lottery tickets or shares shall be deposited in the state lottery prize fund established by section 5-573 for payment of prizes to the holders of winning tickets or shares or for other purposes provided for in section 5-568.
C. All other revenues accruing from the sale of lottery tickets or shares in online games or instant games shall be deposited in the state lottery fund established by section 5-571 to be used as prescribed by section 5-572.
D. Monies expended under subsection A of this section shall be subject to legislative appropriation.Section: Previous 5-541 5-542 5-543 5-551 5-552 5-553 5-554 5-555 5-556 5-557 5-558 5-559 5-560 5-561 5-562 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016