In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Authority" means the tourism and sports authority.
2. " Board" means the board of directors of the authority.
3. " Indian tribe" means any organized Indian nation, tribe, band or community that is recognized as an Indian tribe by the United States department of the interior.
4. " Multipurpose facility" means any facility that is suitable to be used to accommodate professional football franchises, major college football bowl sponsors, other sporting events and entertainment, cultural, civic, meeting, trade show or convention events or activities and may include a stadium, on-site infrastructure, parking garages and lots and related commercial uses within the facility.
5. " Site host" means any of the following entities that owns all or part of the multipurpose facility site at the time the site is provided to the authority pursuant to section 5-807:
(a) This state or any agency of this state.
(b) The county in which the authority is located.
(c) Any city or town located in the county in which the authority is located.
(d) Any Indian tribe if all or part of the tribe's reservation is located in that county.Section: Previous 5-701 5-702 5-703 5-704 5-705 5-706 5-707 5-801 5-802 5-803 5-804 5-805 5-806 5-807 5-808 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016