In this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Automated teller machine" means an automated device that is established by a bank, savings and loan association or credit union and that facilitates customer-bank communications activities, including taking deposits and disbursing cash drawn against a customer's deposit account or a customer's preapproved loan account, at a location separate from the home office or a branch.
2. " Bank" means a corporation that holds a banking permit issued pursuant to chapter 2 of this title.
3. " Banking office" means any place of business of the bank at which deposits are received, checks are paid or money is loaned but does not include the premises used for computer operations, proofing, record keeping, accounting, storage, maintenance or other administrative or service functions.
4. " Branch" means any banking office other than the principal banking office.
5. " Department" means the department of financial institutions.
6. " Enterprise" means any person under the jurisdiction of the department other than a financial institution.
7. " Federal deposit insurance corporation" includes any successor to the corporation or other agency or instrumentality of the United States which undertakes to discharge the purposes of the corporation.
8. " Financial institution" means banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations, credit unions, consumer lenders, international banking facilities and financial institution holding companies under the jurisdiction of the department.
9. " Home state" means the state that has granted the bank its charter, permit or license to operate.
10. " Host state" means the state in which a financial institution is doing business and not the state that has granted the bank its charter, permit or license to operate.
11. " In-state financial institution" means a state or federal bank, savings bank, savings and loan association or holding company with its home office located in this state.
12. " International banking facility" means a facility represented by a set of asset and liability accounts segregated on the books and records of a commercial bank, the principal office of which is located in this state, and which is incorporated and doing business under the laws of the United States or of this state, a United States branch or agency of a foreign bank, an edge corporation organized under section 25(a) of the federal reserve act (12 United States Code sections 611 through 631) or an agreement corporation having an agreement or undertaking with the board of governors of the federal reserve system under section 25 of the federal reserve act (12 United States Code sections 601 through 604(a)) that includes only international banking facility time deposits and international banking facility extensions of credit as defined in 12 Code of Federal Regulations part 204.
13. " National credit union administration" includes any successor to the organization or other agency or instrumentality of the United States which undertakes to discharge the purposes of the organization.
14. " Out-of-state bank" means a bank, savings bank or savings and loan association that is approved by the superintendent pursuant to section 6-322 and that has a charter, a permit or any other license to operate that is issued by a state other than this state.
15. " Out-of-state financial institution" means a state or federal bank, savings bank, savings and loan association or holding company with its home office in a state other than this state.
16. " Superintendent" means the superintendent of financial institutions.
17. " Title" includes this title, title 32, chapter 9 and title 44, chapter 2.1.Section: 6-101 6-110 6-111 6-112 6-113 6-114 6-115 6-116 6-121 6-122 6-123 6-123.01 6-124 6-125 6-126 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016