Arkansas Code § 20-78-903 - Evidence-Based Programs -- Promising Programs

The State Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, the Department of Health, and the Department of Human Services shall cooperate to use at least ninety percent (90%) of state funds appropriated for home visitation to support home visitation programs that are:

(1) Evidence-based programs that:

(A) Are linked to program-determined outcomes and associated with a national organization, institution of higher education, or national or state public health institute;

(B) Have comprehensive home visitation standards that ensure high-quality service delivery and continuous quality improvement;

(C) Have demonstrated significant, sustained positive outcomes; and

(D) Demonstrate reliability through:

(i) Past evaluations using rigorous randomized controlled research designs, the results of which have been published in a peer-reviewed journal; or

(ii) A basis in quasi-experimental research using two (2) or more separate, comparable client samples; or

(2) Promising programs that have:

(A) An active evaluation of each promising program; or

(B) (i) A demonstration of a plan and timeline for an active evaluation of each promising program.

(ii) A timeline under subdivision (2)(B)(i) of this section shall include a projected time frame for transition from a promising program to an evidence-based program.

Section: Previous  20-78-902  20-78-903  20-78-904  20-78-905  20-78-906  20-78-907  20-78-908    Next

Last modified: November 15, 2016