(a) The acts described in Section 10131 are not acts for which a real estate license is required if performed by:
(1) A regular officer of a corporation or a general partner of a partnership with respect to real property owned or leased by the corporation or partnership, respectively, or in connection with the proposed purchase or leasing of real property by the corporation or partnership, respectively, if the acts are not performed by the officer or partner in expectation of special compensation.
(2) A person holding a duly executed power of attorney from the owner of the real property with respect to which the acts are performed.
(3) An attorney at law in rendering legal services to a client.
(4) A receiver, trustee in bankruptcy or other person acting under order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(5) A trustee for the beneficiary of a deed of trust when selling under authority of that deed of trust.
(b) The exemptions in subdivision (a) are not applicable to a person who uses or attempts to use them for the purpose of evading the provisions of this part.
(Amended by Stats. 1985, Ch. 476, Sec. 1.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018