(a) Upon the completion of a hearing concerning a final proposed action for which a report is required to be filed under Section 805, the licentiate and the peer review body involved have the right to receive all of the following:
(1) A written decision of the trier of fact, including findings of fact and a conclusion articulating the connection between the evidence produced at the hearing and the decision reached.
(2) A written explanation of the procedure for appealing the decision, if any appellate mechanism exists.
(b) If an appellate mechanism is provided, it need not provide for de novo review, but it shall include the following mimimum rights for both parties:
(1) The right to appear and respond.
(2) The right to be represented by an attorney or any other representative designated by the party.
(3) The right to receive the written decision of the appellate body.
(Added by Stats. 1989, Ch. 336, Sec. 5. Effective September 11, 1989. Operative January 1, 1990, by Sec. 11 of Ch. 336.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018