California Family Code Section 350

CA Fam Code § 350 (2017)  

(a) Before entering a marriage, or declaring a marriage pursuant to Section 425, the parties shall first obtain a marriage license from a county clerk.

(b) If a marriage is to be entered into pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 420, the attorney-in-fact shall appear before the county clerk on behalf of the party who is overseas, as prescribed in subdivision (a).

(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 476, Sec. 1. Effective September 10, 2004.)

Last modified: October 25, 2018