California Family Code Section 4321

CA Fam Code § 4321 (2017)  

In a judgment of dissolution of marriage or legal separation of the parties, the court may deny support to a party out of the separate property of the other party in any of the following circumstances:

(a) The party has separate property, or is earning the party’s own livelihood, or there is community property or quasi-community property sufficient to give the party proper support.

(b) The custody of the children has been awarded to the other party, who is supporting them.

(Amended by Stats. 1993, Ch. 219, Sec. 141.5. Effective January 1, 1994.)

Last modified: October 25, 2018