California Insurance Code Section 790.031

CA Ins Code § 790.031 (2017)  

The requirements of subdivision (b) of Section 790.034, and Sections 2071.1 and 10082.3 shall apply only to policies of residential property insurance as defined in Section 10087, policies and endorsements containing those coverages prescribed in Chapter 8.5 (commencing with Section 10081) of Part 1 of Division 2, policies issued by the California Earthquake Authority pursuant to Chapter 8.6 (commencing with Section 10089.5) of Part 1 of Division 2, policies and endorsements that insure against property damage and are issued to common interest developments or to associations managing common interest developments, as those terms are defined in Sections 4080 and 4100 or Sections 6528 and 6534 of the Civil Code, and to policies issued pursuant to Section 120 that insure against property damage to residential units or contents thereof owned by one or more persons located in this state.

(Amended (as amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 181, Sec. 78) by Stats. 2013, Ch. 605, Sec. 47. (SB 752) Effective January 1, 2014.)

Last modified: October 25, 2018