(a) Any person who files an application required by Section 26175 knowing that any statement contained therein is false is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) Any person who knowingly makes a false statement on the application regarding any of the following is guilty of a felony:
(1) The denial or revocation of a license, or the denial of an amendment to a license, issued pursuant to this article.
(2) A criminal conviction.
(3) A finding of not guilty by reason of insanity.
(4) The use of a controlled substance.
(5) A dishonorable discharge from military service.
(6) A commitment to a mental institution.
(7) A renunciation of United States citizenship.
(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 6. (SB 1080) Effective January 1, 2011. Operative January 1, 2012, by Sec. 10 of Ch. 711.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018