On or before July 1, 2010, the Department of Justice shall renovate the VCIN to do the following:
(1) Correct all software deficiencies affecting data integrity and include designated data fields for all mandated sex offender data.
(2) Consolidate and simplify program logic, thereby increasing system performance and reducing system maintenance costs.
(3) Provide all necessary data storage, processing, and search capabilities.
(4) Provide law enforcement agencies with full Internet access to all sex offender data and photos.
(5) Incorporate a flexible design structure to readily meet future demands for enhanced system functionality, including public Internet access to sex offender information pursuant to Section 290.46.
(Added by Stats. 2007, Ch. 579, Sec. 30. Effective October 13, 2007.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018