(a) The Secretary of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation shall develop a Data Dashboard as described in subdivisions (b) and (c) for each institution on a quarterly basis and post those reports on the department’s Internet Web site. The department shall post both current fiscal-year reports and reports for the immediately preceding three fiscal years for each institution. The department shall also post corrections made to inaccurate or incomplete data to current or previous reports.
(b) Each report shall include a brief biography of the warden, including whether he or she is an acting or permanent warden, and a brief description of the prison, including the total number and level of inmates.
(c) Each report shall be created using the following information already collected using the COMPSTAT (computer assisted statistics) reports for each prison and shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following indicators:
(1) Staff vacancies, overtime, sick leave, and number of authorized staff positions.
(2) Rehabilitation programs, including enrollment capacity, actual enrollment, and diploma and GED completion rate.
(3) Number of deaths, specifying homicides, suicides, unexpected deaths, and expected deaths.
(4) Number of use of force incidents.
(5) Number of inmate appeals, including the number being processed, overdue, dismissed, and upheld.
(6) Number of inmates in administrative segregation.
(7) Total contraband seized, specifying the number of cellular telephones and drugs.
(d) Each report shall also include the following information, which is not currently collected or displayed by COMPSTAT:
(1) Total budget, including actual expenditures.
(2) Number of days in lockdown.
(Added by Stats. 2015, Ch. 162, Sec. 2. (SB 601) Effective January 1, 2016.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018