(a) As part of each integrated energy policy report required pursuant to Section 25302, each entity that serves or plans to serve electricity to retail customers, including, but not limited to, electrical corporations, nonutility electric service providers, community choice aggregators, and local publicly owned electric utilities, shall provide the commission with its forecast of both of the following:
(1) The amount of its forecasted load that may be lost or added by any of the following:
(A) A community choice aggregator.
(B) An existing local publicly owned electric utility.
(C) A newly formed local publicly owned electric utility.
(2) Load that will be served by an electric service provider.
(b) The commission shall perform an assessment in the service territory of each electrical corporation of the loss or addition of load described in this section and submit the results of the assessment to the Public Utilities Commission.
(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), the commission may exempt from the forecasting requirements in that subdivision, a local publicly owned electric utility that is not planning to acquire additional load beyond its existing exclusive service territory within the forecast period provided by the commission pursuant to Section 25303.
(d) For purposes of this section, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) “Community choice aggregator” means any “community choice aggregator” as defined in Section 331.1 of the Public Utilities Code.
(2) “Electrical corporation” means any “electrical corporation” as defined in Section 218 of the Public Utilities Code.
(3) “Electric service provider” means any “electric service provider” as defined in Section 218.3 of the Public Utilities Code.
(4) “Local publicly owned electric utility” means any “local publicly owned electric utility” as defined in Section 224.3 of the Public Utilities Code.
(Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 558, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2009.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018