190.013 Water management and control plan.—In the event that the board assumes the responsibility for providing water management and control for the district as provided in s. 190.012(1)(a) which is to be financed by benefit special assessments, the board shall proceed to adopt water management and control plans, assess for benefits, and apportion and levy special assessments, as follows:
(1) The board shall cause to be made by the district’s engineer, or such other engineer or engineers as the board may employ for that purpose, complete and comprehensive water management and control plans for the lands located within the district that will be improved in any part or in whole by any system of facilities that may be outlined and adopted, and the engineer shall make a report in writing to the board with maps and profiles of said surveys and an estimate of the cost of carrying out and completing the plans.
(2) Upon the completion of such plans, the board shall hold a hearing thereon to hear objections thereto, shall give notice of the time and place fixed for such hearing by publication once each week for 2 consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the general area of the district, and shall permit the inspection of the plan at the office of the district by all persons interested. All objections to the plan shall be filed at or before the time fixed in the notice for the hearing and shall be in writing.
(3) After the hearing, the board shall consider the proposed plan and any objections thereto and may modify, reject, or adopt the plan or continue the hearing to a day certain for further consideration of the proposed plan or modifications thereof.
(4) When the board approves a plan, a resolution shall be adopted and a certified copy thereof shall be filed in the office of the secretary and incorporated by him or her into the records of the district.
(5) The water management and control plan may be altered in detail from time to time until the appraisal record herein provided is filed, but not in such manner as to affect materially the conditions of its adoption. After the appraisal record has been filed, no alteration of the plan shall be made, except as provided by this act.
(6) Within 20 days after the final adoption of the plan by the board, the board shall proceed pursuant to s. 298.301.
History.—s. 2, ch. 80-407; s. 5, ch. 91-308; s. 964, ch. 95-147; s. 26, ch. 97-40.Section: Previous 190.006 190.007 190.008 190.009 190.011 190.012 190.0125 190.013 190.014 190.015 190.016 190.017 190.021 190.022 190.023 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016