327.41 Uniform waterway regulatory markers.—
(1) The commission shall adopt rules pursuant to chapter 120 establishing a uniform system of regulatory markers for the waters of the state, compatible with the system of regulatory markers prescribed by the United States Coast Guard in the United States Aids to Navigation System, 33 C.F.R. part 62.
(2) Any county or municipality which has been granted a boating-restricted area designation, by rule of the commission pursuant to s. 327.46(1)(a), for a portion of the Florida Intracoastal Waterway within its jurisdiction or which has adopted a boating-restricted area by ordinance pursuant to s. 327.46(1)(b) or (c) or s. 379.2431(2)(p), or any other governmental entity which has legally established a boating-restricted area, may apply to the commission for permission to place regulatory markers within the boating-restricted area.
(3) Application for placing regulatory markers in the waters of the state shall be made to the division as provided in s. 327.40.
(4) No person or municipality, county, or other governmental entity shall place any regulatory markers in, on, or over the waters of the state or the shores thereof without a permit from the division pursuant to s. 327.40.
(5) Aquaculture leaseholds shall be marked as required by this section, and the commission may approve alternative marking requirements as a condition of the lease pursuant to s. 253.68. The provisions of this section notwithstanding, no permit shall be required for the placement of markers required by such a lease.
(6) The commission is authorized to adopt rules pursuant to chapter 120 to implement this section.
History.—s. 2, ch. 72-55; s. 158, ch. 94-356; s. 9, ch. 96-247; s. 25, ch. 99-245; s. 15, ch. 2000-362; s. 18, ch. 2002-264; s. 195, ch. 2008-247; s. 11, ch. 2009-86.
Note.—Former s. 371.523.Section: Previous 327.37 327.375 327.38 327.39 327.391 327.395 327.40 327.41 327.4105 327.42 327.43 327.44 327.46 327.461 327.47 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016