§286G-3 Driver education assessments. (a) A driver education assessment of $7 shall be levied on a finding that a violation of a statute or county ordinance relating to vehicles or their drivers or owners occurred, except for:
(1) Offenses relating to stopping (when prohibited), standing, or parking;
(2) Offenses relating to registration; and
(3) Offenses by pedestrians.
(b) Driver education assessments of:
(1) $100 shall be levied on persons convicted under section 291E-61 or 291E-61.5 to defray costs of services provided by the driver education and training program;
(2) $50 shall be levied on persons required to attend a child passenger restraint system safety class under section 291-11.5; and
(3) $75 shall be levied on persons convicted under section 291C-105 to defray costs of services provided by the driver education and training program.
(c) The driver education assessments levied by subsections (a) and (b) shall be paid for each violation in addition to any fine imposed by the court, and regardless of whether a fine is suspended; provided that the driver education assessment of $100 levied on a person convicted under section 291E-61 or 291E-61.5 may be waived by the court if the court determines that the person is unable to pay the driver education assessment.
(d) The amount of each driver education assessment levied by subsections (a) and (b) shall be transmitted by the clerk of the court for deposit in the driver education and training fund. [L 1974, c 91, pt of §1; am L 1978, c 222, §5; am L 1982, c 213, §2; am L 1984, c 120, §1; am L 1995, c 204, §1; am L 1997, c 153, §5; am L 1998, c 81, §2; am L 2001, c 157, §8; am L 2004, c 90, §1; am L 2006, c 129, §2]Section: Previous 286g-1 286g-2 286g-3
Last modified: October 27, 2016