§440-36 Revocation; suspension; fine. (a) In addition to any other actions authorized by law, the commission shall have the power to revoke or suspend the license of any individual or club licensed under any of the classifications designated in this chapter, or fine the licensee, or both, for any cause authorized by law, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Violation of any provision of this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant thereto or any other law, or rule that applies to those persons licensed under this chapter;
(2) Manifest incapacity, professional misconduct, or unethical conduct;
(3) Making any false representations or promises through advertising or other dissemination of information;
(4) Any fraudulent, dishonest, or deceitful act in connection with the licensing of any individual or club under this chapter or in connection with any boxing contest;
(5) Making any false or misleading statement in any application or document submitted or required to be filed under this chapter;
(6) Revocation or suspension of a license or other disciplinary action against the licensee by another state or boxing commission;
(7) Failure to report any disciplinary action, including medical and mandatory suspensions, or revocation or suspension of a license in another jurisdiction within fifteen days preceding any boxing match in which the licensee participates; or
(8) Participation in any sham or false boxing contest.
(b) The manager and second may be held responsible for all violations of this chapter by a boxer whom they manage, second, train, or serve as an agent for and may be subject to license revocation or suspension, or a fine, or any combination thereof, irrespective of whether any disciplinary action is taken against the boxer.
(c) Any individual or club in violation of this chapter shall be fined not more than $5,000 for each violation.
(d) In addition to the penalties provided in this chapter, any individual or club found in violation of any of the above may be prohibited from engaging in any boxing activities in the State for a period in conformity with that set forth in section 92-17. [L 1986, c 135, §2; am L 1992, c 202, §49; am L 2004, c 135, §24]Section: Previous 440-26 440-27 440-28 440-29 440-30 440-31 440-32 440-33 440-34 440-34.5 440-35 440-36 440-37 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016