§461-21 Disciplinary action. (a) In addition to any other actions authorized by law, the board may deny, revoke, or suspend any license or permit applied for or issued by the board, in accordance with this chapter, and fine or otherwise discipline a licensee or permit holder for any cause authorized by law, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Procuring a license through fraud, misrepresentation, or deceit;
(2) Professional misconduct, gross carelessness, or manifest incapacity;
(3) Permitting an unlicensed person to perform activities that require a license under this chapter;
(4) Violation of any of the provisions of this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant thereto;
(5) Violation of any state or federal drug, controlled substance, or poison law;
(6) False, fraudulent, or deceptive advertising;
(7) Any other conduct constituting fraudulent or dishonest dealings;
(8) Failure to comply with a board order;
(9) Making a false statement on any document submitted or required to be filed by this chapter, including a false certification of compliance with the continuing education requirement;
(10) Habitual intemperance or addiction to the use of habit-forming drugs; or
(11) Administering a vaccine to a person between fourteen and seventeen years of age without complying with section 461-11.4.
(b) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant thereto shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $1,000 for each violation.
(c) All proceedings for denial, suspension, fine, or revocation of a license or permit on any grounds specified in subsection (a) shall be conducted pursuant to chapter 91, including the right of judicial review. [L 1986, c 143, §2; am L 1992, c 202, §139; am L 2004, c 165, §4; am L 2012, c 42, §5; am L 2015, c 36, §4]Section: Previous 461-11.5 461-12 461-13 461-14 461-15 461-16 461-16.5 461-17 461-18 461-19 461-20 461-21 461-22 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016