Part heading reenacted by L 2015, c 77, pt of §1.
§576B-607 Contest of registration or enforcement. (a) A party contesting the validity or enforcement of a registered support order or seeking to vacate the registration has the burden of proving one or more of the following defenses:
(1) The issuing tribunal lacked personal jurisdiction over the contesting party;
(2) The order was obtained by fraud;
(3) The order has been vacated, suspended, or modified by a later order;
(4) The issuing tribunal has stayed the order pending appeal;
(5) There is a defense under the law of this State to the remedy sought;
(6) Full or partial payment has been made;
(7) The statute of limitation under section 576B-604 precludes enforcement of some or all of the alleged arrearages; or
(8) The alleged controlling order is not the controlling order.
(b) If a party presents evidence establishing a full or partial defense under subsection (a), a tribunal may stay enforcement of a registered support order, continue the proceeding to permit production of additional relevant evidence, and issue other appropriate orders. An uncontested portion of the registered support order may be enforced by all remedies available under the law of this State.
(c) If the contesting party does not establish a defense under subsection (a) to the validity or enforcement of a registered support order, the registering tribunal shall issue an order confirming the order. [L 1997, c 295, pt of §1; am L 2015, c 77, pt of §1]Section: Previous 576b-507 576b-601 576b-602 576b-603 576b-604 576b-605 576b-606 576b-607 576b-608 576b-609 576b-610 576b-611 576b-612 576b-613 576b-614 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016