(105 ILCS 5/13A-11)
Sec. 13A-11. Chicago public schools.
(a) The Chicago Board of Education may establish alternative schools within Chicago and may contract with third parties for services otherwise performed by employees, including those in a bargaining unit, in accordance with Sections 34-8.1, 34-18, and 34-49.
(b) Alternative schools operated by third parties within Chicago shall be exempt from all provisions of this Code, except provisions concerning:
(1) student civil rights;
(2) staff civil rights;
(3) health and safety;
(4) performance and financial audits;
(5) the assessments required under Section 2-3.64a-5
of this Code;
(6) Chicago learning outcomes;
(7) Sections 2-3.25a through 2-3.25j of this Code;
(8) the Inspector General; and
(9) Section 34-2.4b of this Code.
(Source: P.A. 98-972, eff. 8-15-14.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015