(110 ILCS 210/3) (from Ch. 144, par. 1333)
Sec. 3. For the academic year beginning in 2002, institutional grants may be made for that and for each succeeding academic year to each nonpublic institution of higher learning in an amount determined by allocating amounts for funding this Act among the eligible institutions in accordance with a formula or formulae based upon one or more of the following factors: the number of undergraduate degrees granted to students who are residents of the State of Illinois enrolled as students at each such institution; the number of full-time equivalent undergraduate students who are residents of the State of Illinois enrolled as students at each such institution; and the number of full-time equivalent of such students who are junior or senior students at such institutions. The Board of Higher Education shall establish formula allocations and adopt rules necessary for the administration of this Act.
Conditions of institutional eligibility for these grants shall include but need not be limited to the following:
(1) That the governing board of the institution possess its own sovereignty.
(2) That the governing board, or its delegated institutional officials, possess final authority in all matters of local control, including educational policy, choice of personnel, determination of program, and financial management.
(3) That the institution possess and maintain an open policy with respect to race, creed and color as to admission of students, appointment of faculty and employment of staff.
(4) That the institution be able to show its current financial stability and reasonable prospects for its future stability.
(5) That the institution not be operated for profit.
(6) That the institution provide a full financial report including a certified audit, and participate in the unit cost study and other studies conducted annually by the Board of Higher Education.
(7) If required by rule of the Board, that the institution submit to an additional annual external audit of its enrollment records and nonsectarian use of funds.
(Source: P.A. 92-45, eff. 7-1-02.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015