(110 ILCS 57/5)
Sec. 5. Definitions.
"Matriculant" means an individual who is conditionally admitted as a student to a medical school located in Illinois, pending the medical school's consideration of his or her criminal history records check under this Act.
"Sex offender" means any person who is convicted pursuant to Illinois law or any substantially similar federal, Uniform Code of Military Justice, sister state, or foreign country law with any of the following sex offenses set forth in the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012:
(1) Indecent solicitation of a child.
(2) Sexual exploitation of a child.
(3) Custodial sexual misconduct.
(4) Exploitation of a child.
(5) Child pornography.
(6) Aggravated child pornography.
"Violent felony" means any of the following offenses, as defined by the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012:
(1) First degree murder.
(2) Second degree murder.
(3) Predatory criminal sexual assault of a child.
(4) Aggravated criminal sexual assault.
(5) Criminal sexual assault.
(6) Aggravated arson.
(7) Aggravated kidnapping.
(9) Aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm
or permanent disability or disfigurement.
(Source: P.A. 96-1551, eff. 7-1-11; 97-1150, eff. 1-25-13.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015