(310 ILCS 75/3) (from Ch. 67 1/2, par. 1353)
Sec. 3. Definitions. As used in this Act, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
"Elderly person" means a person 62 years of age or older.
"Handicapped person" means a person having a physical or mental impairment that:
(1) is expected to be of long-continued and
(2) substantially impedes the person's ability to
live independently, and
(3) is of such a nature that this ability could be
improved by more suitable housing conditions.
"Subsidized housing" means any housing or unit of housing financed by a loan or mortgage held by the Illinois Housing Development Authority, a local housing authority, or the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") under one of the following circumstances:
(1) Insured or held by HUD under Section 221(d)(3) of
the National Housing Act and assisted under Section 101 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965 or Section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937.
(2) Insured or held by HUD and bears interest at a
rate determined under the proviso of Section 221(d)(3) of the National Housing Act.
(3) Insured, assisted, or held by HUD under Section
202 or 236 of the National Housing Act.
(4) Insured or held by HUD under Section 514 or 515
of the Housing Act of 1949.
(5) Insured or held by HUD under the United States
Housing Act of 1937.
(6) Held by HUD and formerly insured under a program
listed in paragraph (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5).
(Source: P.A. 87-243.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015