(805 ILCS 215/1106)
Sec. 1106. Merger.
(a) A limited partnership may merge with one or more other constituent organizations pursuant to this Section and Sections 1107 through 1109 and a plan of merger, if:
(1) the governing statute of each of the other
organizations authorizes the merger;
(2) the merger is not prohibited by the law of a
jurisdiction that enacted any of those governing statutes; and
(3) each of the other organizations complies with its
governing statute in effecting the merger.
(b) A plan of merger must be in a record and must include:
(1) the name and form of each constituent
(2) the name and form of the surviving organization
and, if the surviving organization is to be created by the merger, a statement to that effect;
(3) the terms and conditions of the merger, including
the manner and basis for converting the interests in each constituent organization into any combination of money, interests in the surviving organization, and other consideration;
(4) if the surviving organization is to be created by
the merger, the surviving organization's organizational documents; and
(5) if the surviving organization is not to be
created by the merger, any amendments to be made by the merger to the surviving organization's organizational documents.
(Source: P.A. 93-967, eff. 1-1-05.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015