WHEREAS, Article V, Section 2, of the Constitution of the State of Michigan of 1963 empowers the Governor to make changes in the organization of the Executive Branch or in the assignment of functions among its units which he considers necessary for efficient administration; and
WHEREAS, the Department of Management and Budget has been charged with implementing Project Main over a series of years to, among other things, totally upgrade and integrate the State's financial and personnel information systems; and
WHEREAS, the establishment of priorities for changes to and enhancements of the current personnel information systems have been jointly determined by the Departments of Civil Service, Management and Budget and Treasury; and
WHEREAS, the Civil Service Commission has agreed to work in partnership with the Department of Management and Budget on the enhancement, support, and operation of the State's new human resource system which will be part of MAIN, and intends to ensure that their responsibilities and resources are coordinated and included in a statewide effort; and
WHEREAS, certain data processing staff within the Department of Treasury are currently responsible for the maintenance of the State's financial and personnel information systems; and
WHEREAS, drawing together the data processing resources for Project MAIN and the current resources for the present financial and personnel systems in the Department of Treasury will provide for the orderly transition from the current systems to those to be operated as part of MAIN; and
WHEREAS, certain data processing functions, activities, duties and responsibilities now performed by the Department of Treasury can more effectively and efficiently be carried out in the Department of Management and Budget; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary in the interests of efficient administration and effectiveness of government to effect changes in the organization of the Executive Branch of government.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, John Engler, Governor of the State of Michigan, pursuant to the powers vested in me by the Constitution of the State of Michigan of 1963 and the laws of the State of Michigan, do hereby order the following:
1. All responsibilities for computer program analysis and programming for the Personnel PayRoll Information System for Michigan (PPRISM), the Payroll-Personnel System (PPS), and the General Accounting and Financial Management Information System (GA/FMIS), and systems development functions related thereto now performed by the Department of Treasury, are hereby transferred from the Department of Treasury to the Department of Management and Budget.
2. The Director of the Department of Treasury and Director of the Department of Management and Budget shall provide executive direction and supervision for the implementation of the transfers. The assigned functions shall be administered under the direction and supervision of the Director of the Department of Management and Budget.
3. All records, personnel, property and unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations and other funds used, held, employed, available or to be made available to the Department of Treasury for the functions transferred to the Department of Management and Budget by this Order are hereby transferred to the Department of Management and Budget.
4. The Director of the Department of Treasury and the Director of the Department of Management and Budget shall make internal organizational and budgetary changes as may be administratively necessary to complete the realignment of responsibilities prescribed by this Order.
5. The Director of the Department of Treasury and the Director of the Department of Management and Budget shall immediately initiate coordination to facilitate the transfer and develop a memorandum of record identifying the records, personnel and property to be transferred, and pending settlements, issues of compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, or other obligations to be resolved by the Department of Management and Budget and the terms under which the Department of Management and Budget shall purchase services from and coordinate with the Department of Treasury.
6. All rules, orders, contracts and agreements relating to the assigned functions lawfully adopted prior to the effective date of this Order shall continue to be effective until revised, amended or repealed.
7. Any suit, action or other proceeding lawfully commenced by, against or before any entity affected by this Order shall not abate by reason of the taking effect of this Order. Any suit, action or other proceeding may be maintained by, against or before the appropriate successor of any entity affected by this Order.
In fulfillment of the requirement of Article V, Section 2, of the Constitution of the State of Michigan of 1963, the provisions of this Executive Order shall become effective 60 days after filing.
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of statutory authority, powers, duties, functions, and responsibilities of certain units, teams, divisions, and offices within the department of management and budget to the department of information technology by type III transfer, see E.R.O. No. 2001-1, compiled at MCL 18.41 of the Michigan compiled laws.
History: 1994, E.R.O. No. 1994-7, Eff. July 11, 1994
Last modified: October 10, 2016