Federal and State Laws
Michigan Compiled Laws Act 479 Of 2006 Michigan Promise Grant Act (390.1621 - 390.1628)
AN ACT to provide for the administration of the Michigan promise grant program; to provide for the powers and duties of certain state officers and entities; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
2006, Act 479, Imd. Eff. Dec. 21, 2006
Section 390.1621 Short Title.
This act shall be known and may be cited as the "Michigan promise grant act". History: 2006, Act 479, Imd. Eff. Dec. 21, 2006
Section 390.1622 Definitions.
As used in this act: (a) "Academic year" means the period from September 1 of a calendar year to August 31 of the next...
Section 390.1623 Report To Governor And Legislative Standing Committees; Contents.
By April 1 of each year, the department shall submit a report on its activities under this act to the governor and to the...
Section 390.1624 Michigan Promise Grant Program; Establishment; Eligibility Requirements.
(1) The Michigan promise grant program is established. The department shall provide Michigan promise grants under this act from the trust fund and administer...
Section 390.1625 Grant Amount; Prorated Amount; Adjustment.
(1) Subject to proration under subsection (2) and adjustment under subsection (3), a student who meets the eligibility requirement of section 4(3)(c)(i) and the...
Section 390.1626 Payments; Installments; Adjustment.
(1) Subject to proration under subsection (3) and adjustment under subsection (4), a student who meets the eligibility requirement of section 4(3)(c)(ii) and the...
Section 390.1627 Application; Manner And Form; Certification; Effect Of Grant On Eligibility For Financial Aid.
(1) The department shall determine the manner and form of application to receive a Michigan promise grant under section 5 or a grant installment...
Section 390.1628 Disbursements To Approved Postsecondary Institution; Application Of Money To Student's Outstanding Indebtedness And Remaining Balance; Rules.
(1) The department shall disburse Michigan promise grant money to an approved postsecondary institution on the student's behalf in the following state fiscal years,...
Last modified: October 10, 2016