Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Certificate of limited partnership” means the certificate referred to in NRS 88.350, and the certificate as amended or restated.
2. “Contribution” means any cash, property, services rendered, or a promissory note or other binding obligation to contribute cash or property or to perform services, which a partner contributes to a limited partnership in his capacity as a partner.
3. “Event of withdrawal of a general partner” means an event that causes a person to cease to be a general partner as provided in NRS 88.450.
4. “Foreign limited partnership” means a partnership formed under the laws of any state other than this State and having as partners one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
5. “Foreign registered limited-liability limited partnership” means a foreign limited-liability limited partnership:
(a) Formed pursuant to an agreement governed by the laws of another state; and
(b) Registered pursuant to and complying with NRS 88.570 to 88.605, inclusive, and 88.609.
6. “General partner” means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement and named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner.
7. “Limited partner” means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a limited partner in accordance with the partnership agreement.
8. “Limited partnership” and “domestic limited partnership” mean a partnership formed by two or more persons under the laws of this State and having one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
9. “Partner” means a limited or general partner.
10. “Partnership agreement” means any valid agreement, written or oral, of the partners as to the affairs of a limited partnership and the conduct of its business.
11. “Partnership interest” means a partner’s share of the profits and losses of a limited partnership and the right to receive distributions of partnership assets.
12. “Record” means information that is inscribed on tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
13. “Registered limited-liability limited partnership” means a limited partnership:
(a) Formed pursuant to an agreement governed by this chapter; and
(b) Registered pursuant to and complying with NRS 88.350 to 88.415, inclusive, 88.606, 88.6065 and 88.607.
14. “Registered office” means the office maintained at the street address of the resident agent.
15. “Resident agent” means the agent appointed by the limited partnership upon whom process or a notice or demand authorized by law to be served upon the limited partnership may be served.
16. “Sign” means to affix a signature to a record.
17. “Signature” means a name, word, symbol or mark executed or otherwise adopted, or a record encrypted or similarly processed in whole or in part, by a person with the present intent to identify himself and adopt or accept a record. The term includes, without limitation, an electronic signature as defined in NRS 719.100.
18. “State” means a state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
19. “Street address” of a resident agent means the actual physical location in this State at which a resident is available for service of process.
Last modified: February 26, 2006