Smoking tobacco: Civil penalty; Account for Health Education for Minors created; administration of Account.
1. In addition to any criminal penalty, a person who violates NRS 202.2491 or 202.24915 is liable for a civil penalty of $100 for each violation.
2. A health authority within whose jurisdiction a violation of NRS 202.2491 or 202.24915 is committed shall:
(a) Collect the civil penalty, and may commence a civil proceeding for that purpose; and
(b) Deposit any money he collects pursuant to this section with the State Treasurer for credit to the Account for Health Education for Minors, which is hereby created in the State General Fund.
3. The Superintendent of Public Instruction:
(a) Shall administer the Account for Health Education for Minors; and
(b) May, with the advice of the State Health Officer, expend money in the Account only for programs of education for minors regarding human health.
4. The interest and income earned on the money in the Account for Health Education for Minors, after deducting any applicable charges, must be credited to the Account.
5. All claims against the Account for Health Education for Minors must be paid as other claims against the State are paid.
Last modified: February 25, 2006