County director: Powers and duties. The county director shall:
1. Serve as chief executive officer of the county program and be accountable to the county board.
2. Exercise administrative responsibility and authority over the county program and facilities furnished, operated or supported in connection therewith, and over services to the mentally retarded and persons with related conditions, except as administrative responsibility is otherwise provided for in this title.
3. Recommend to the governing body, after consultation with the county board, the providing of services, establishment of facilities, contracting for services or facilities and other matters necessary or desirable to accomplish the purposes of this chapter.
4. Submit an annual report to the governing body reporting all activities of the program, including a financial accounting of expenditures and a forecast of anticipated needs for the ensuing year.
5. Carry on such studies as may be appropriate for the discharge of his duties, including the control and prevention of psychiatric disorders and the treatment of mental retardation and related conditions.
Last modified: February 27, 2006