Commission of Appraisers of Real Estate: Creation; appointment and terms of members; limitations on membership.
1. The Commission of Appraisers of Real Estate is hereby created, consisting of five members appointed by the Governor.
2. At least two members of the Commission must be residents of the southern district of Nevada, which consists of the counties of Clark, Esmeralda, Lincoln and Nye.
3. At least two members of the Commission must be residents of the northern district of Nevada, which consists of Carson City, and the counties of Churchill, Douglas, Elko, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Lyon, Mineral, Pershing, Storey, Washoe and White Pine.
4. Not more than two members may be appointed from any one county.
5. After the terms of the initial members, the Commission must contain at least two members who hold certificates as general appraisers and at least two members who hold certificates or licenses as residential appraisers.
6. A member of the Commission is eligible for reappointment, but shall not serve for a period greater than 6 years consecutively, after which he is not eligible for appointment or reappointment until 3 years have elapsed from his previous period of service.
Last modified: February 27, 2006