17:12B-106. Acceptance of accounts in name of one or more administrators, custodians, executors, guardians, trustees or other fiduciaries in trust for named beneficiary
Any association may accept accounts in the name of one or more administrators, custodians, executors, guardians, trustees, or other fiduciaries in trust for a named beneficiary or beneficiaries.
(1) Any such fiduciary shall have such voting rights as are provided in section 126 of this act.
(2) Any such fiduciary shall have power to open such an account and to make a payment or payments to, and to withdraw from any such account in whole or in part.
(3) Unless the will or other instrument, or the court order or decree under which such fiduciary is acting, provides otherwise, the withdrawal value of any such account, and dividends thereon, or other rights relating thereto may be paid or delivered, in whole or in part, to such fiduciary so long as such fiduciary is living. The payment or delivery to any such fiduciary or a receipt or acquittance signed by any such fiduciary to whom any such payment or any such delivery of rights is made shall be a valid and sufficient release and discharge of an association for the payment or delivery so made.
(4) Whenever a person holding an account in such a fiduciary capacity dies and no written notice of the revocation or termination of the fiduciary relationship shall have been given to an association and the association has no notice of any other disposition of the beneficial estate, the withdrawal value of such account, and dividends thereon, or other rights relating thereto may, at the option of the association, be paid or delivered, in whole or in part, to the beneficiary or beneficiaries.
(5) Where such an account is opened or subsequently held by more than one fiduciary the association may accept payments made to such account and may pay any moneys to the credit of such account from time to time to, or pursuant to the order of any one or more of such cofiduciaries who shall be authorized in writing by all the cofiduciaries to make such payments or withdrawals, unless the will or other instrument or the court order or decree under which such cofiduciaries are acting otherwise provides.
L.1963, c. 144, s. 106.
Section: Previous 17-12b-85 17-12b-86 17-12b-87 17-12b-89 17-12b-90 17-12b-91 17-12b-103 17-12b-106 17-12b-109 17-12b-110 17-12b-111 17-12b-112 17-12b-112.1 17-12b-113 17-12b-114 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016