17:12B-14. Contents of certificate of incorporation of a mutual association
Contents of certificate of incorporation of a mutual association. The incorporators shall personally sign a certificate of incorporation, which shall state:
(1) The name of the State association, which shall contain the words "savings and loan association" or "savings bank S.L. A." The name shall not be one already in use by another association in this State, nor one so similar thereto as to deceive the public or lead to uncertainty or confusion and this provision shall be subject to any law otherwise restricting or prohibiting the use of the word "bank" or "banker" or "banking"; provided, however, that any association organized under this act may make representations describing its powers, services or functions provided for in this act.
(2) The street, street number, if any, and the municipality in this State in which the State association is to be located.
(3) That it is incorporated to operate as a mutual association pursuant to this act for the purposes herein stated.
(4) The name, residence (including street and number, if any) post office address and occupation of each incorporator.
(5) The amount which each incorporator agrees to subscribe for and pay into the guaranty account of the State association.
L.1963, c.144, s.14; amended by L. 1974, c. 137, s. 3; 1987, c. 225, s. 9.
Section: Previous 17-12b-7 17-12b-8 17-12b-9 17-12b-10 17-12b-11 17-12b-12 17-12b-13 17-12b-14 17-12b-15 17-12b-16 17-12b-17 17-12b-18 17-12b-19 17-12b-20 17-12b-21 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016