17:12B-224. Conversion from Federal to State charter; procedure
Conversion from Federal to State charter; procedure.
Any federal association may convert itself into an association of this State with the same force and effect as though originally incorporated under this act, and the proceedings to effect such conversion shall be as follows:
(a) When in the judgment of the board of such federal association it shall be deemed advisable and for the interests of its members that the same shall be converted into an association of this State, the board of directors shall adopt a resolution to that effect.
(b) After the adoption of such resolution, a meeting of the members of the association shall be held upon not less than 10 days' written notice to the members by mail, postage prepaid, directed to their addresses appearing on the books of the association, which notice shall contain a statement of the time, place and purpose for which such meeting is called. Proof by affidavit of mailing of such notice shall be mailed to the Federal Home Loan Bank Board before the time of such meeting.
(c) At a meeting of the members of any such federal association held as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, such members may by the affirmative vote of 2/3 of the members present either in person or by proxy, declare by resolution the determination to convert the association into an association of this State. A copy of the minutes of the proceedings of such meeting of the members, verified by the affidavit of the president or vice-president, and the secretary of the meeting, shall be filed in the office of the commissioner and mailed to the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, within 10 days after the date of such meeting.
(d) Within 30 days after the date of the meeting held as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, a majority of the board of such federal association shall subscribe, acknowledge and deposit with the commissioner in duplicate, a certificate which shall contain:
1. The name of the association, which shall not be so nearly like that of any other association as to deceive the public, and the words "savings and loan association" or "savings bank S.L.A." shall form a part thereof;
2. The municipality where it is to be located and its business transacted, which shall be within this State;
3. A statement that it is to operate as an association pursuant to this act for the purposes stated herein;
4. The name, residence, occupation and post office address of each officer and director;
5. Application for the approval of the commissioner to the conversion of said association into an association of this State.
L.1963, c.144, s.224; amended by L. 1987, c. 225, s. 10.
Section: Previous 17-12b-217 17-12b-218 17-12b-219 17-12b-220 17-12b-221 17-12b-222 17-12b-223 17-12b-224 17-12b-225 17-12b-226 17-12b-227 17-12b-228 17-12b-229 17-12b-230 17-12b-231 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016