17:12B-295. Factors used in determining approval
In determining whether to approve an acquisition of shares pursuant to section 2 of this act, the commissioner shall consider the following factors:
a. With respect to the applicant:
(1) The financial condition and the resources of the applicant;
(2) The competence, character, and banking experience of the applicant, including the applicant's record of compliance with laws and regulations;
(3) Whether the applicant has (i) employed any device, scheme or artifice to defraud; or (ii) obtained or will obtain any money or property by means of any untrue statement of a material fact or any omission of a material fact; or (iii) engaged in any act, transaction, practice or course of business which operates or would operate as a fraud or deceit upon the capital stock state association, the shareholders of the capital stock state association, the depositors thereof, or the public at large; and
(4) The applicant's plans and intentions with respect to the operation of the capital stock state association.
b. With respect to the capital stock state association:
(1) The financial condition and prospects of the capital stock state association, which shall include consideration as to the sufficiency of current or projected capital positions, as well as the level of indebtedness of the capital stock state association before and after the acquisition;
(2) The convenience and needs of the depositors and the communities served by the capital stock state association; and
(3) The effect of the proposed acquisition on the safety and soundness of the capital stock state association.
c. Whether approval of the application would result in a person owning more shares than are permitted by the capital stock state association's charter or bylaws, in which case the commissioner shall not approve the application; except that this subsection shall not apply to an application for the acquisition of shares of a capital stock state association that the commissioner determines is in an unsafe or unsound condition.
In the event the commissioner grants approval of an acquisition of shares as described in subsection a. of this section, the approval shall apply only to the specific transaction set forth by the applicant in his application, and any subsequent acquisition which would further increase the applicant's beneficial ownership or control of the then-outstanding voting shares of the capital stock state association shall require the commissioner's prior approval in the same manner required under this act.
Section: Previous 17-12b-288 17-12b-289 17-12b-290 17-12b-291 17-12b-292 17-12b-293 17-12b-294 17-12b-295 17-12b-296 17-12b-297 17-12b-298 17-12b-299 17-12b-300 17-12b-301 17-12b-302 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016